Monday, October 25, 2010

Weeknote #23 (w/e 24/10/10)

Most of last week was spent at a meeting of our EU BACTOCOM project. It was the turn of the University of Cantabria partner to host the six-monthly get-together, which was held in the beautiful city of Santander. It was my first visit to this particular part of Spain, and the scenery on the drive from Bilbao was nothing short of spectacular. Despite the unavoidable absence of a few key members of the team, we had a very productive meeting, and I think we're in a strong position to drive the project forward in the coming months.

While I was away we "sold" the remaining few tickets for our Manchester Science festival event. I'm absolutely delighted that we'll have a capacity crowd for what is sure to be a fascinating evening.

I'll be appearing as one of the guest scientists at another MSF event, the Teawitter Four Science party. Should be a nice relaxed end to a wonderful Festival.

No comments: